Chemical air fresheners are full of toxic chemicals. The dangers are just being made aware to the general public. Chemical air fresheners may literally take your breath away. Especially for people like my sister, who has trouble with asthma, or people who have any kind of lung issue.
Instead of using a potentially harmful freshener, make your own. Homemade air fresheners are simple and inexpensive and natural. Scent the air around you with your favorite essential oil. Select the essential oil based on your need. Is it to cleanse the air? Kill airborne pathogens? Or just uplift mood? Have fun with this one!
What you will need:
- 1 small Mason jar with band
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 7 – 10 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Piece of fabric
- Rubber Band
- Put 1/2 cup baking soda into a small Mason jar.
- Add 7-10 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend.
- Put fabric on top of Mason jar and seal tight with band.
- Recommended essential oils: Cassia, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, OnGuard, Purify or Wild Orange.*Tip: Place air-fresher in closet, drawers or window sill.
Shop for essential oils here.