Are your feet beach ready?
I love to go barefoot as much as possible in the warmer months of the year. You will find me in sandals or barefoot whenever possible. Plus there are some health benefits to going barefoot such as earthing and/or grounding which have some real physical and mental benefits.
Earthing or grounding is going barefoot in the grass, dirt, sand or rocks (making contact with the Earth). It has been shown to give you more antioxidants and remove more free radicals than any other type of food I could ever recommend!
It has also been shown to relieve stress, reduce inflammation, reduce effects of dirty electricity (electromagnetic pollution), balance the nervous system, improve sleep and much more. No wonder I love going barefoot, it just makes me feel good!
I also love my sandals! Wearing much more than that makes me feel smothered, but going barefoot and wearing sandals can be hard on your feet.
On the flip side, going barefoot can make it more difficult to keep your feet pretty and smooth. I have an amazing foot balm recipe to keep your feet picture-perfect and beach-ready!
Healing Foot Cream Recipe:
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 Tablespoons shea OR cocoa butter (optional)
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
2-3 Tablespoons beeswax
20 drops peppermint essential oil
8 drops melaleuca essential oil
8 drops lavender essential oil
small glass container
- Place small glass container in a pot of water on the stove. Only a couple of inches of water is needed.
- Add all ingredients, except essential oils, and let the water to come an almost boil.
- Stir together until all the ingredients are melted and blended.
- Turn off heat.
- Add essential oils and stir.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
Prior to the application:
- Soak your feet in some very warm water (I like to add in Epsom salt and lavender essential oil to the warm water).
- Then use a pumice stone on your feet
- Apply foot balm to your feet.
- Place socks on your feet after applying the balm.
I suggest doing this before bedtime and you will love your soft beach-ready feet!
Shop here for essential oils used in this recipe!